Luxury Sex Toys: Worth the Investment?
Gone are the days of cheap sex toys that come a dime a dozen. Although affordable plastic vibrators were once a thing of the past, high-end luxury sex toys are now trending as an alternative way for you to invest in your alone time. Despite the higher initial price, the quality provides a significantly more pleasurable experience and adds to longevity.
Don’t get us wrong—you can still get cheap pleasure devices that work, but both critics and the public agree that the best sex toys in 2024 tend to cost a little more. From aesthetically gorgeous vibrators and dildos to high-tech toys that feel just like the real thing (if not better), these products are bringing the world of adult toys into the health and wellness industry rather than being a raunchy accessory you’d want to hide in your bedside table.
|There’s no doubt that the luxury sex toys market is booming and will continue to do so, But what are the best luxury adult sex toys, and what’s the bang for your buck that you get with all those bells and whistles?
Types of luxury adult toys
Luxury sex toys are often made from sleek, premium medical-grade silicone, stainless steel, or glass, which are usually splashproof or waterproof and can last many years longer than your average toy. These toys' battery life is significantly longer than cheap alternatives; some even have low battery warnings. These are just some indicators that you’re paying for quality.
- High-end vibrators: These often feature luxurious color schemes, added vibration patterns or speeds, memory functions or Bluetooth capabilities for long-distance fun, and sometimes even the ability to sync with music. The material is often smoother and more buttery than cheaper alternatives.
- Vibrating/thrusting plug and dildos: Forget manual anal plugs and dildos - the latest in penetration toys these days can vibrate, rotate, and thrust to your heart’s delight.
- Heated toys: Experimenting with temperature play has never been easier, thanks to a heated element that many vibrators and dildos now have, allowing things to really get steamy.
- Suction/air pulsation toys: These toys simulate the feeling of oral sex for vulva owners (and some even penetrate while they suck), offering different patterns and earth-shattering orgasms due to pleasure air technology.
- High-end strokers: Get the ultimate handjob, blowjob, or simulated penetration with the latest in high-end sleeves that provide textured grip and suction like nothing else on the market.
- Sex furniture: Luxury sex furniture is the latest futuristic trend that hides your next romp in plain sight, often in the form of high-density couches and chaises with built-in bondage attachments. This furniture is shaped to maximize pleasure in various positions.
- Wearable sex toys: Brands like We-Vibe have started implementing toys that are comfortable to wear during sex and can be customized to twist into the perfect position. They often come with remote controls for easy maneuvering that won’t interrupt the moment.
Benefits of luxury toys
Quality and longevity are two major benefits of investing in a luxury sex toy. Because of the durable craftsmanship, it’ll last much longer and won’t require a replacement. Many high-end toys are also rechargeable, so you won’t need to waste money on batteries in the long run. If you find a luxury toy you love, you can rest assured that it will last you many years. If you encounter problems, these brands often have better customer service and warranties than cheaper alternatives.
|If you find a luxury toy you love, you can rest assured that it will last you many years. If you encounter problems, these brands often have better customer service and warranties than cheaper alternatives.
The aesthetic of luxury adult sex toys is also a huge selling point here, making them an elegant option to gift. Who doesn’t want a rose gold bullet or wand with metallic finishes? Luxury color schemes, in addition to sleek and attractive designs that are anything but crude, are elevating the industry like never before.
Le Wand Grand Bullet - Rose Gold
Need a trusty vibe that never fails to deliver? With a whopping 11 vibration modes and 4 intensity levels, the Grand Bullet is a compact rechargeable vibe that was born to deliver endless satisfaction.
Most importantly, opting for luxury means enhanced pleasure and satisfaction. Orgasms aren’t a one-size-fits-all event, and many of us need a variety of stimulation to get aroused. These fancier toys on the market have more vibration patterns, Bluetooth capabilities for long distances, and other desirable features; it’s no wonder the new generation of toys is top shelf.
Considerations before investing
Budget and affordability
Of course, the higher price tag associated with many of these toys makes them less accessible to the public. If you don’t have the disposable income required at the time of purchase, you can use services like Sezzle to split purchases into either four installments over the course of six weeks with 0% interest or the option to pay monthly. Customers who use Sezzle and pay on time can even improve their credit scores.
Personal preferences and needs
No one’s saying you need to fill up your toy box all at once, though it might be tempting with all the exciting choices on the market. Instead, consider your own needs and what you’re looking for in a toy. A wearable toy might be best if you’re looking for something to use only with a partner or for long-distance purposes. Air pulsation devices like clit suckers and masturbation sleeves will be ideal for those looking to imitate oral sex.
Bionic Dual Pulsating Probe
Bring the throbbing sensations of a futuristic fantasy to your backdoor adventures. This probe delivers continuous waves of rumbly vibrations across 7 unique functions for an out-of-this-world experience.
For vaginal and g-spot penetration, a rabbit vibrator or dildo might be best, whereas those interested in anal play should shop for plugs. Vibrators are versatile with solo play and partnered play and are a great place to start, whereas sex furniture is more of a splurge that can be used with all toys or for those looking to expand their BDSM play.
The bottom line
At the end of the day, spending extra on a product in sexual wellness is the same as spending money on any other item that’s important to you. Would you rather buy something cheap and keep spending money on second-rate replacements that will just end up in a landfill anyway? Or is it smarter to invest in a superior product that will last years?
When you add in the extra consideration that these items will be on very sensitive parts of your body, you definitely don’t want to cut corners. If you have a few extra bucks to spend and enjoy prioritizing self-care, we recommend investing in a luxury intimacy product ASAP. You deserve to get off with grandeur!